Sunday, February 15, 2009

Math Tutor DVD's



I was sent two Math Tutor DVD’s to review; Algebra 2 and Basic Word Problems.

I admit to having a bit of a math phobia. I don’t like math and it does not like me. I’ll also admit that math was a big homeschool stumbling block for me. How in the world was I going to teach my kids math? Well, I don’t. I have either a tutor or the computer, or co op classes do all the math teaching for me. It is better for everyone that way.

This, however, was a nice little extra addition to our mom-does-not-teach-math arsenal.

I really like the way these DVD’s are set up. You buy the DVD of your general interest, say Algebra 2, then as your child is working his way through his Algebra 2 curriculum and hits a snag, let’s say, with Multiplying or Dividing Radical Expressions (I totally have no idea what that even means by the way) you can simply look on the back of the CD case, look up Multiplying or Dividing Radical Expressions, click on over to it and watch away. One more way of explaining a problem for your child to consider. There is a companion CD you can buy that contains worksheets for your child to practice what they have watch on the DVD

I appreciated the way the tutor keeps it simple and goes step by step and I think this is one more excellent item for the math phobic mom to have in her teaching arsenal.

Math Tutor has several other DVD’s available for you to choose from. You can go check out their site to find out more, and you can read more reviews here.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

I wanted to let you know I voted you for a TOS award. Great blogging!

http://nutbugs.blogspot.com/2009/02/top-5-curriculum-review-bloggers.html