Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Life on the Farm



Last weekend we went hunting/camping. I brought along a board game for us girls to play while the men were out being Hunter/Gatherers.

I had plans to take some wonderful snapshots of all of us sitting around the picnic table in the wonderful out of doors with the beautiful Fall colors as a backdrop to all of our fun. Um, well, you’ll have to use your imagination and my wonderful descriptive sentences because we were having so much fun playing I never did take those photos!

Instead of reinventing the wheel, I’m just going to direct you here, to the We R Fun site. They explain the way the game is played very well and the idea behind it.



I must say that I think it’s a great game. The 10 year old did just as well as the adult (um, that would be me), I like a game that can even the playing field like that. It makes it more fun for everyone. It’s a game with a purpose, you’re learning while you’re having fun, but don’t tell the kids that!

A few of the things I noticed about this game were…

1. The box itself is sturdy, hard cardboard.
2. The board is also attractive (not too terribly busy) and sturdy.
3. The instructions are easy to follow and not confusing. The kids had it pretty much figured out before I got there to join them.
4. I like how the game is about running your own business (farm) and not necessarily about getting the other guy out of the game.

Overall, I am quite pleased with this game. There are some serious perks to being on the TOS Crew, and receiving things like this to review is one of them!

You can go here to see Life on the Farm and look at We R Fun’s other games (there’s a preschool version) or you can go here, to K-Mart’s website where you can get the game for $19.99!

This would make an EXCELANT Christmas gift!

You can click on the icon below to see what others had to say about We R Fun’s Life on the Farm game.

Happy Homeschooling!


No comments: