Friday, May 28, 2010

Lobster Network


Lobster Network is one of those simple, yet brilliant ideas. It is an online catalog, and inventory system.



It works like this. You invest a little time to put your ‘stuff’ online. For me I simply did the homeschooling things I want to get rid of that we no longer need. I listed it on the site, visible to anyone. I had the option of making it just visible to specific networks or ‘friends’ but I decided to let anyone browse through it.

I could have listed it for sale, trade, borrow, free, or various other options.
There are other ways this would be helpful though, especially if you had a local network. I was thinking of various groups like Churches, Bible Studies, Homeschool groups, Book Clubs, or just a local group of friends.

You can list anything on this network, car parts, books, kids clothes, the 5oo lawn mower parts my teenager has collected…hummm.

Anyway, I think this is just such a great idea. We live in a society of so much STUFF! I love the idea of being able to bless someone else with stuff I don’t need any more.

And best of all, the site is FREE to use!

You can go here to check out Lobster Network and sign up. Go ahead, give it a try!

You can go here to see what others had to say about Lobster Network.

Happy Homeschooling!

No comments: