Thursday, March 5, 2009

ARTistic Pursuits

Let me begin by telling you if you are an artist, you might want to just click on over here to the TOS Crew and read some of the other reviews because I am a total artistic novice. This review is being written by a mom who failed Arts and Crafts. However, I will do my best to give you my impression of this curriculum.

ARTistic Pursuits is an art curriculum created by a homeschooling mom, for homeschooling families. I really appreciate this and feel that not only am I supporting another homeschooler, but only another homeschooler would understand the unique needs of the homeschooled student.

When I received the book in the mail I opened it and got a little twitchy. I am not artistic. I cannot state that strongly enough. The thing is…I have a daughter that is.

So I did what any homeschooling mom would do. I delegated. I handed the book off to my 11 year old daughter and let her loose.

She really liked it. She read over several lessons and even came to me to show me some of the ways the author showed you various art techniques in actual paintings. She did not do many of the activities as she is currently working on something for her art class, but she did ask if I would be willing to allow her to work on this curriculum this summer.

Um, really? I think a hearty yes was the answer!

So while I don’t know much about art or art curriculum, I do know that my daughter wanted to work on this in her spare time. Is there a better endorsement?

Now, if you want to find out about this yourself go here. There is a great deal of information on the website for you to find out more about this curriculum. Also, and this I thinks speaks volumes, if you order it and you look at it and decide it’s not for you, you can send it back and get a refund.

Remember that thing called customer service? I think I’ve found it.

Happy Homeschooling!

No comments: