Sunday, March 8, 2009

Homeschool In The Woods

Lap Books

Two words that strike fear into my heart. Anything in the arts and crafts field makes me feel frightned. My poor children.

We’ve never done a lap book before. My sister in law makes lap books with her children. They are a thing to behold. Looking at them makes me twitchy.

When I received The New Testament Lap Book to review I was a little apprehensive. Spatially, I am not terribly adept, so I really appreciated the clear directions and the pictures. The pictures were very helpful.

Sadly, I still did not always understand exactly what I was supposed to be doing, but I’m pretty sure that was just me because my 9 and 11 year old daughters had no such trouble figuring out what to do.

Overall, this seemed like a high quality, well thought out product. I cannot compare it to other Lap Books because whenever someone said ‘lapbook’ in the past, I ran the other way. This was our first.

We are not finished with the Lap Book, we have a few more projects to go and then it will need to be assembled. Perhaps when we finish I will post pictures. Who am I kidding? When we finish it I will post pictures and shot from the rooftops that a lap book was created here at the Hilltop Academy. It will be a monumental occasion!

Homeschool in the Woods has several other products available, including many timeline products that I have used in the past. I have always been impressed with the quality of their products and the Lap Book is no exception.

You can go here to see what others are saying about the Lap book.

You can go here to see what other products Homeschool in the Woods has to offer.

Happy Homeschooling!

No comments: