Sunday, March 29, 2009

Tell Me More Spanish



I was sent Tell Me More Spanish curriculum to review. Turns out it is not currently available and we on the crew were some of the first to get to use it. I LOVE that! You will be able to purchase it in April.

When I got the box in the mail I was surprised. This is not an inexpensive curriculum and I guess I expected there to be more to it. It’s just a box with a CD Rom and a headset in it. I was under impressed. But once I got into it, my impression changed.

Tell Me More Spanish is quite a course! It covers 4 levels; Complete Beginner, Beginner, Intermediate, and Advanced. You can create different accounts for each of your children and yourself, that way you can all work at your own pace.

This curriculum also has voice recognition software. That is where the head set and microphone come in. This is huge because it helps you get your accent and pronunciation correct. You don’t get that from a written curriculum.

There are tests available to help you track your students progress and 24/7 adviser if you need help with how to use the software via an online chat feature.

There is just so much in that one little CD Rom I hardly know where to start. You can set it up one of three ways; Free-to-Roam, Guided, or Dynamic. Personally, I think it best to set it up in the Free-to-Roam mode at first and let your students play with it. Then choose either the Guided or Dynamic from there.

This course is a little pricy at 319.99 but you are getting several levels that can be used with several students.

Overall, I think TellMeMore is a wonderful program that my family will be using for years to come.

Happy Homeschooling!

No comments: