Saturday, October 10, 2009

Guardian Angel Publishing

Guardian Angel Publishing sent me 4 E books to review. I am really trying to get used to the E-book. I want to like the E-book, I really do. I know it has its place, but I think I’ll always be partial to the print book. If you can swing it, buy the book with pages, if not go for the E version.

The books I was sent to review are…

Hamster Holidays: Noun and Adjective Adventures of The Pet Grammar Parade Series is a book that helps children learn about nouns and adjectives. The nouns are in blue and the adjectives in the story are in red. At the back of the book there are some ideas on how to teach them and some games and puzzles to play.

No Bones About It: The Sum of Our Parts Series was a very timely book for us to receive. My oldest son is taking an anatomy class at the community college and has to memorize the bones in the skeleton. I gave him this e book to help him and he was really glad to have it! When things rhyme, it makes it oh, so much easier to remember!

Earthquake is a lovely book with some really cool illustrations, factoids and charts and graphs. It would make a nice complement to an earthquake study. We down her in Texas don’t have many earthquakes so we don’t know a lot about them in this house. We found this book to be informative.

Andy and Spirit Go to the Fair This is a sweet 24 page story about a boy in a wheel chair and a horse named Spirit. The illustrations in this book are very nice and I liked the story.

One thing that made viewing the E book a little easier is to view the pages side by side. I did this by clicking on view, then page display and then two-up. Several of the books have illustrated pages on one side and the writing on the other side, so if you can view them side by side it is more enjoyable.

You can go to the Guardian Angel Publishing site to see what other books they have to offer. They have quite a variety of books, E, and print for you to choose from, and as always, you can click on the icon below to see what other Crew Members had to say.




Happy Homeschooling!

No comments: