Friday, November 6, 2009

ABC Teach




ABC Teach is a website for educators. If you've ever done a Google Search for worksheets or printables you've probably already been there. ABC Teach has around 5000 free printables available. But the member site is amazing!

I was thrilled to be offered a free 1 month membership as a member of the TOS Crew. I had a membership to ABC Teach years ago when I was teaching my littles to read. It was worth every penny. We did a letter of the week type thing and there was so much available on ABC Teach to use to enhance that.

I let my membership expire once my kids learned to read because we're not really worksheet style people, and ABC Teach seemed geared toward the younger crowd. I was happy to find out that there was much available for my older kids this time around. I was especially interested in all the book report forms and writing tools.

I am trying to teach a dyslexic to better write essays this year and there are many resources available to help me help him organize his papers before he begins writing.

I feel like I only scratched the surface of what's available on ABC Teach so I decided to renew my membership for a full year. Here is the list of links just under Language Arts...

Alphabetical Order Proverbs and Sayings
Book Reports Reading
Brainstorming Activities Rebus
Dolch Skills
Glyphs Spelling
Literacy Centers Word Families
Morning Language Arts Word Slides
Nursery Rhymes Word Wheels--Picture Shapes
Phonics Writing

And under brainstorming activities there were another 17 options to click on. You can see how they have over 35,000 printables and worksheets (with more being added weekly)!

There is also a new component to ABC Teach that was not available when I had my membership the first time and that's the ABC Tools where you can create your own worksheets: handwriting pages, word searches, crossword puzzles and the like.

ABC Teach is a wonderful resource in my opinion for those who are worksheet/workbook types and even those who are not. I am not usually a workbookie type, but I look forward to all I'll be able to use on ABC Teach over the next year.

The $40 a year cost for a membership is well worth it. You can click on the icon below to see what others had to say about ABC Teach.

Happy Homeschooling!



No comments: