Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Math Galaxy



It seems this year has been The Year of The Math on the TOS Crew. We’ve been sent quite a bit of math related materials to review. Some I have liked more than others.

Math Galaxy was one that when I first checked it out, I was somewhat underwhelmed. It’s not really all that flashy and the graphics seem a bit dated. Imagine my surprise when we tried it out and it became one of my children’s favorites! Honestly I’m not even sure why. They just said it was cool. Also, and this is big, they didn’t grumble and complain when I asked them to do it!



Math Galaxy offers several topical studies to choose from. Listed below are the topics they offer.


• Whole Numbers
• Fractions
• Decimals
• Ratio’s, Proportions and percents
• Shapes and Measurement
• Data Analysis
• Algebra
• Word Problem Fun
• Math Riddles
• Labyrinth
• Printable Worksheets
• Printable Riddles


This is not a stand alone, complete curriculum but a reinforcement tool. You can go here to see what others on The Crew had to say about Math Galaxy and you can go here (click on 'order' tab) to find out more about the programs offered and prices.

Happy Homeschooling!

No comments: