Thursday, August 11, 2011

A New Thing



This year is going to be a little different for this homeschooling family. A Lot different, actually. I am not doing reviews with TOS Crew this year. I did if for three years and loved it. But I felt like I needed a break this year. I may go back next year (if they’ll have me of course!).

This year, my kids are all old. I don’t know how this happened, really. One minute they were all sitting around the table bickering about whose books were taking up the most space on the table, and the next moment it’s just me and Annika!

This year Bryce, who graduated from our homeschool in '10 and who has already finished Fire Academy, will be taking EMT classes the first semester and then hopefully he’ll find a job as a Fireman/EMT after Christmas. His goal is to continue on to get a 4 year degree as he works as a Firemam/EMT. Bryce will be gone all day, every day.

Gunnar, my Junior, is taking Duel Credit classes at the local community college and at our Homeschool Co op. He is also running his own landscape/tree trimming buisness and working at a local auto shop. Gunnar will be gone all day, every day.

Evelyn, my Freshman is taking most of her classes at the Homeschool Co op as well. She’ll do a grammar curriculum at home, and History and Bible. The rest is at Co op. Ev will be gone Tuesdays and Thrusdays.

Annika, my 7th grader, is the only one really left at home with me. I guess no one will complain anymore who takes up all the space at the table.

Over the next few days I’ll be going over everyone’s schedules and what I am using with whom. (well, the three still officially in school, that is.

This blog will be changing up a bit too. I’ll post my homeschooling stuff over here, not just reviews. I will review some products, mostly just things that I really liked or disliked. Just to pass on the information. And I’ll be talking about what’s working and what’s not in my ever dwindeling little homeschool.

Happy Homeschooling!

No comments: