Saturday, December 6, 2008

Times Tales

Would you believe me if I told you there was a way to magically make your kids remember their multiplication tables? No? Well that’s probably just as well, since there is no magic way, but Times Tales is about as close as it gets.

I tried this product a year or so ago, with my dyslexic, can’t remember anything, son and viola! Upper times tables, committed to memory.

You can go here and read how and why it works. I don’t understand it, but I just know it does. Something about mnemonics or something. I don’t know, but my kid knows his multiplication tables and I’m not looking a gift horse in the mouth!

My youngest was even able to say her upper times tables to some degree, though she had no idea what a times table even was at the time. She remembered the little stories. See magic!

I LOVE this product!

They also sent me their Clean N Flips. One for Laundry, one for Room Cleaning and the other for Zone Cleaning.

We already do a ‘zone cleaning’ of sorts around here, but I liked the charts since it helps for them to be able to ‘see’ it. The laundry one was nice and helpful, again pictures! Hello! Why didn’t I think of that years ago? But the one I liked the best was the room cleaning one. My kids took off with it before I even had a chance to look at it and used it to clean up their room. Who can argue with success like that?

1 comment:

DanielAjoy said...

That times tables game sounds really interesting. How much does it cost?