Saturday, August 29, 2009

Web Design For Kids…(and Curious Adults)



Web Design For Kids...(and Curious Adults) is a DVD that teaches how to create a website…and it’s SIMPLE! I must admit that I was a little hesitant to watch this DVD because I don’t speak ‘Computer’. I have a blog on Blogger and it requires me to know virtually nothing about how it all works. I type stuff and hit publish and viola! Done. I don’t need to know how any of it works.

When I first put in the DVD I was sitting alone in my living room. Mr. Richardson started telling me what to type onto Notepad and I had flashbacks to 9th grade Computer class…back when everything was in DOS Mode…remember that? Way back in the dark ages?

Well, after I got some code on the Notepad and then saved it and put it on the web, I was starting to enjoy myself. Then he started teaching me some really cool stuff like this…

Look what I can do!!!!!!



And this...

Look what I can do!!!!!!



And before I knew it, my kids were sitting with me in the living room watching me make my words move all around the computer all just by changing a few letters in the HTML code.

They were duly impressed!

This is a great little DVD and I highly recommend it. Honestly I really wish I’d have pulled it out earlier this summer when I heard one of my kids saying ‘I’m board’. This DVD and the laptop would have kept them busy for hours!

Mr. Richardson does a great job of taking this scary foreign language known as HTML and making it easy for the average Joe like me and my kids to understand.

You can go here to get the prices and order this DVD (and right now it's on SALE! Who does not LOVE a sale???) And you can click on the photo below to see what the other Crew Members had to say.





Happy Homeschooling!

No comments: