Thursday, February 25, 2010

Beehive Reader 1

Beehive Reader 1 is a very nice, hardback book that was sent to me to review from All About Spelling. This book goes along with their Spelling curriculum which I had the privilege to review last year.



I must say that I was impressed with the quality of this book. It is a sturdy, hardback book which I can see lasting through many children. I really liked the pictures inside, while they are black and white, they are very well done, with lots of detail and I think, engaging to children.



The book has several short stories which increase in difficulty as you go through the book. I like how this book is gender neutral and will be interesting to either a boy or girl. This is handy if you’re going to use it with multiple children. While this book does go along with AAS level 1, it can absolutely be used as a reader even if you’re not using the AAS curriculum.

This really is a beautiful book, which I wholeheartedly recommend, except for one thing. It’s a little pricy at $19.95. We live in a big city where we have access to a very good library system and I just can’t see myself paying that kind of money for a reader, no matter how much I love it.

I can see myself considering it if I knew I’d have several children using it and I was already using the AAS curriculum.

You can go here to see more about the All About Spelling Curriculum, and here for samples of the Beehive Reader 1 book and of course you can click on the icon below to see what others thought of All About Spellings Beehive Reader 1.

Happy Homeschooling!

No comments: